Flight Planner 3000 Product Support
The current version of Flight Planner 3000 is V6.7t, released 24th May, 2017. Show new features
Bug & Problem Reports:
1. Windows 8 has an application called SmartScreen which attempts to protect your PC from harm from applications downloaded from the Internet. If you find that when you go to install FP3000 after downloading it, it just disappears, SmartScreen may be the culprit. Check the SmartScreen settings in Control Panel. It may be set to always zap unrecognised appliaction installations. The setting can be changed or SmartScreen disabled.
2. FP3000 & Microsoft Windows 7. FP3000 V6.5a and later version are Microsoft Windows 7 compatible. However there are some possible security issues with Microsoft Windows 7 and Flight Planner 3000 with this version. These are resolved in V6.6 onwards.
Firstly, we highly recommend making sure that your version of Windows 7 is the latest available. To do this go to WWW.WindowsUpdate.com and install the latest Windows 7 updates.
1. Under Windows 7 if FP3000 is installed under "Program Files" there is an error message "File Access denied" when the software license is applied. This is not an issue when the software is installed in the default location - C:\FP3000. This issue is resolved with FP3000 V6.6a versions dated 21st September or later.
2. Some Windows 7 installations set the C:\FP3000 folder and contents to not have "Full Control" to all users by default. To correct this open Windows Explorer or My Computer and right click on the C:\FP3000 folder, select "Properties" and then click the "Security" tab. Press the "Edit" button and click on "Users" in the top box. Tick the (allow) Full Control button in the permissions box and then the OK button.
3. Windows 7 & 8 does not support the type of help file that is currently included with the Flight Planner software, so the help may not work. There is a download that can be installed to address this...download and install WinHlp32.exe, available on the Microsoft WWW site.
4. Users attempting to connect a Garmin GPS to a Windows 7/8 PC via a USB cable will need to install the latest Garmin USB driver for Windows 7/8 - available from http://www8.garmin.com/support/download.jsp.
3. FP3000 & Microsoft Vista. FP3000 V6.4a and later version are Microsoft Vista compatible. However we have been made aware of some issues with Microsoft Vista and Flight Planner 3000.
Firstly, we highly recommend making sure that your version of Vista is the latest available. To do this go to WWW.WindowsUpdate.com and install the latest Vista updates. One user has reported that he had to do this to allow access to NAIPS.
3.1. Under Vista if FP3000 is installed under "Program Files" there is an error message "File Access denied" when the software license is applied. This does NOT happen when the software is installed in the default location - C:\FP3000. This issue is resolved with FP3000 V6.6a.
3.2. Vista does not support the type of help file that is currently included with the Flight Planner software, so the help may not work. There is a download that can be installed to address this...download and install WinHlp32.exe, available on the Microsoft WWW site.
3.3. Users attempting to connect a Garmin GPS to a Vista PC via a USB cable will need to install the latest Garmin USB driver for Vista - available from http://www8.garmin.com/support/download.jsp.
4. FP3000V6.7R & NAIPS. FP3000 V6.4r first release sometimes failed to retrieve NAIPS weather, giving a message FAILURE AT CODE LINE 320 and sometimes returning winds as VBL (variable) when they weren''t. A correction for this issue was released on the 11th November and is available to all users on the update service.
4. FP3000 and NAIPS
4.1. General NAIPS Connection Problems. FP3000 is unable to establish a connection to the Airservices NAIPS server.
Try opening your WWW browser (Internet Explorer?) to see if you have access to different WWW sites. If your browser is able to access the Internet then try FP3000 again.
If your browser can not access the Internet check your Internet connection- this is likely to be the problem.
You can check that your computer can access Airservices WWW site by following these steps-
Press the WINDOWS and the R key together top open the RUN window
Type in CMD in the open dialog box and click OK
The black DOS window should appear. Type in PING WWW.AIRSERVICES.COM.AU then enter.
A response containing several lines saying REPLY FROM........ indicates that your computer is able to make contact with the NAIPS computer.
If your computer does have access to the Internet and to Airservices WWW site then something on your computer is stopping FP3000 accessing the Internet- anti-virus software or your firewall on a direct connection or possibly a proxy server on a company network. You can check this by temporarily disabling your firewall and anti-virus software and trying FP3000 again. Remember to turn them back on. If this is the issue then you should be able to configure your firewall or anti-virus software to allow FP3000 (the FPLANW.EXE program) access to the internet. For a company network contact your network administrator.
A final possibility is that the FP3000 software is too old to operate with NAIPS. Airservices changes the NAIPS interface from time to time and a new FP3000 version will be released when this happens. If you have the latest FP3000 version this is most unlikely to be the case.
If all else fails then the best action may be to print the flight plan and fax it to Airservices - 07 3866 3419.
4.2. NAIPS Username and Password. FP3000 needs to have your current NAIPS username and password set in the CONFIG settings in order to access NAIPS. If you get a response from NAIPS saying your Username and/or password are not correct you need to correct them in FP3000. View the NAIPS LogFile (under the FILE drop down menu on the NAIPS screen - your username and password appear (as requestor and password) about 9 lines down from the top.
4.3. Windows XP We have identified an issue with Windows XP (but it may prevail in other Windows versions) that can cause communications with NAIPS to fail consistently. The error message on the NAIPS logfile in FP3000 is "An error occured in secure channel support".
To rectify this error go into the Internet Options screen either by opening CONTROL PANEL and selecting INTERNET OPTIONS or in Internet Explorer, click on TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS. On the Internet Options screen click the ADVANCED tab and scroll down to the SECURITY section. Make sure that these options are selected-
Use SSL 2.0
Use SSL 3.0
Use TLS 1.0
The TLS setting seems to be the important one - NAIPS access will fail without it. Apply these settings and FP3000 should be able to access NAIPS.
5. Detailed Instructions for FP3000 Download & Installation.
The download and installation process for FP3000 can be tricky and is also dependent on the web brouser that you are using. They all behave slightly differently! Here are detailed instrustions with images that should help the FP3000 installation process -
For installation on a PC hard drive - PC Installation
For installation on a USB device - USB Installation
Note: A PC license is required for opreation an a PC, and a USB license is required for operation on a USB stick.
Description Check out what is new in the latest version of the Flight Planner 3000 software. This sheet lists all the additions & changes in the latest version of the Flight Planner 3000 software. The Annual Update Service is available to update your current Flight Planner software to the latest version Flight Planner 3000 software.
Description This ZIP file contains a number of VFR flight plans which can be placed in the FP3000 folder to add to any existing saved flight plans. Various VFR plans (Australia & New Zealand) are here (select a VFR aircraft for these plans) including sample flight plans from the user manual, the Outback AirRace 2000 flight plan, and the London to Sydney 2001 flight plan. PKUNZIP or similar product will be required to extract the plans initially.
Description This ZIP file contains a number of IFR flight plans which can be placed in the FP2000 folder to add to any existing saved flight plans. Various IFR plans (Australia & New Zealand) are here (select an IFR aircraft for these plans) including sample flight plans from the user manual, plans with alternates, plans with AWK, etc. PKUNZIP or similar product will be required to extract the plans initially.
Description Download the latest Flight Planner 3000 User manual in Adobe PDF format. You will need Adobe PDF viewer (free software) to view the manual on the screen or print it if you prefer a hard copy. Users on the update service will have the latest user manual installed with each update. Click on the HELP drop down menu in FP3000 to access the latest User Manual.
Description The Update Service is the means of keeping your Flight Planner 3000 software at the latest version. Updates are provided every 3 months under the Standard update service, and monthly under the Professional update service. Subscriptions cover software updates for one year.
Description The Airfield Information form is a provided so that new airfield data and corrections to airfield data can be fed back to Champagne PC Services. We are absolutely committed to providing the latest and most accurate airfield data in our software. Please help us by notifying us of any changes or new information that you have via this form.